The world health organization (WHO) define the premature birth as a birth occur before 37 weeks of gestation or if the birth weight is below 2500 g. Our case subjected for both criteria of the preterm definition. ((1)) ((2)) The case was born before 31st week with 1300 g birth weight with stormy beginning of life in the first three months in the hospital according to the history taken from general practitioner (GP) for that reason their parents tack care about his general health and specifically oral health and development. Throughout his life he developed healthy with no medical problem. Since the primary dentition erupts his parents periodically check his teeth twice time a year. He did not show any dental abnormality or disturbance in sequence of eruption of primary teeth. When he hit the school age around 6 years old the primary teeth became erupt to the oral cavity started with lower central incisors, as a normal sequence of tooth eruption similar to the full term child (( 3 )) . Three years later at age 9 both primary upper primary canine removed and the tip of permanent canine become erupt to the oral cavity.
- Almonaitiene R, Balciuniene I, Tutkuviene J. Factors influencing permanent teeth eruption. Part oneegeneral factors. Stomatologija 2010;12(3):67e72.
- Goldenberg RL, Culhane JF, Iams JD, Romero R. Preterm birth 1: epidemiology and causes of preterm birth. Obstet Anesth Digest 2009;29(1):6e7. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.aoa.0000344666.82463.8d.
- Mainali S, Chaulagain R, Poudyal S, Pradhan A. Age and sequence of permanent tooth eruption in children. J KIST Med Coll 2019;1(2):32e7.
- Seow WK. Effect of preterm birth on oral growth and development. Aust Dent J 1997;42(2):85e91. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1834-7819.1997.tb00102.x.
- Feraru IV, R~aducanu AM, Feraru SE, Herþeliu C. The sequence and chronology of the eruption of permanent canines and premolars in a group of Romanian children in Bucharest. Oral Health Dent Manag 2011;10(4):193e8.
- Al e Sayagh G, Qasim A, Al e Rawi B. The effect of premature birth on the primary dentition. Al-Rafidain Dental J 2008;8(1):18e22. https://doi.org/10.33899/rden.2008.9052.
- Marimuthu V, Shetty P. Study on the eruption timing of permanent teeth among children aged between five and ten years visiting Dental College in Mangalore India. Acta Fac Med Naissensis 2020;37(3):294e301. https://doi.org/10.5937/afmnai2003294m.
- Martínez Gutierrez VM, Ortega-Pertuz AI. Comparison of Nolla, Demirjian and Moorrees methods for dental age calculation for forensic purposes. Rev Odontol Mex 2017;21(3):e151e9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rodmex.2017.09.011.
- Alshukairi H. Delayed tooth eruption and its pathogenesis in paediatric patient: a review. J Dent Health Oral Disord Ther 2019;10(3):209e12.
- Counihan K, Al-Awadhi E, Butler J. Guidelines for the assessment of the impacted maxillary canine. Dent Update 2013;40(9):770e7.https://doi.org/10.12968/denu.2013.40.9.770.
- Ugalde Barahona C, Olivares JM, Gonzalez Mallea E, Moncada Cortes G, et al. Forensic dentistry methods to estimate the chronological age of individuals. A topic review. Revista Facultad de Odontología 2017;29(1):173e86.https://doi.org/10.17533/udea.rfo.v29n1a9.
- Hegde RJ, Sood PB. Dental maturity as an indicator of chronological age: radiographic evaluation of dental age in 6 to 13 years children of Belgaum using Demirjian methods.J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 2002;20(4):132e8.
- Chhaparwal Y, Kumar M, Madi M, Chhaparwal S,Pentapati KC.Age estimation by modified Demirjian's method in a hospital-based population: a radiographic study.Pesqui Bras em Odontopediatria Clínica Integr 2021;21.https://doi.org/10.1590/pboci.2021.072.
- Oh N, Lee J, Nam S, Kim H.Early eruption of maxillary permanent canines : report of 2 cases.J Korean Acad Pedtatr Dent 2018;45(4):514e20.https://doi.org/10.5933/jkapd.2018.45.4.514.
- Nahajowski M, Hnitecka S, Sarul M, Rumin K, Dubowik M,Antoszewska-Smith J.Factors influencing an eruption of teeth associated with a Dentigerous cyst.Syst Rev 2020.https://doi.org/10.21203/rs.3.rs-92689/v1.
Al-Turaihi, Bassam Ali and Ali, Israa Hussein
"Early eruption of all permanent teeth, including the upper canines, in a nine-year-old child who was born prematurely; Case report,"
Maaen Journal for Medical Sciences: Vol. 1
, Article 2.
Available at: https://doi.org/10.55810/2789-9128.1002